Monday, December 01, 2008

Merry Christmas from Seattle!


After work yesterday I wandered down to Pike Place Market (about 2 blocks away) to check out what they had going on for the holidays. It was beautiful (ya know, not counting the crackheads hangin' out in the park across the street), and the dense fog actually added to the scene. The lights and colors seemed like they were just bouncing off the air. The market was closing down by the time I made it there, but there were still some people around, and plenty of them were snapping pictures too, so I didn't feel like a complete dork. But I guess that doesn't really matter, I'm just trying to take as much in as possible before I leave. And I'm excited about the holiday spirit around here, so much so that I can tolerate the Christmas music at work much more than most of my coworkers. But they just don't know how good they have it. Last year at Michael's, we had to put up with a damn singing tree... starting in September! At least at World Market we have actual songs, and cool ones, like Bruce Springstein, The Waitresses... Songs with actual words!
Oh, and this reminds me that Saturday I watched Fred Claus, with Vince Vaughn. I had pretty low expectations because I had heard how bad it was when it came out last year, but I was pleasantly surprised! It had me laughing out loud more than a few times. Even kinda gave me a little warm and fuzzy feeling inside... okay, maybe more tepid than warm, but whatever. It got the job done. I wasn't asking for much.
Oh yeah... I'll be home for Christmas! I'm coming home on December 13th, and will probably start my mom's Christmas shopping soon after. Wait, no, I'll probably put the tree up first. So, that's the good news. The bad is that I'll be home waaaaay longer that I'd like. And the ugly... I'll still have some bills to pay off from this quarter. *sigh*
All right, enjoy the rest of the pics. Don't forget to click on the images to get the fullsize, it's worth it.
Happy Holidays!
Edit: I just added a little Christmas music player to the side panel. I suggest you turn it on as you enjoy the pics. And don't worry, all the songs on there are the good ones... even the Alvin and the Chipmunks song!!!


No comments: