Friday, November 14, 2008

Holy Moly

Wow, I just realized how long it's been since my last post. I apologize! I may not have very many readers, but the ones I do have, I like to keep happy!
I guess a lot has gone down since my last post. We even have a new President-Elect! I don't know about where you were on election night, but Seattle erupted in celebration after all the networks called the race. It was effin' awesome! People were, literally, dancing in the streets and cheering, in huge mobs. When was the last time huge masses gathered to publicly celebrate something that didn't involve sports?! Okay, maybe going to a Big Ten school has jaded me a bit, sorry...
All right, as as far as personal updates go, I guess I have at least one. I got a job... woohoo. It's only retail, and technically just seasonal, but it's a job. Which means money is coming in... not more than is going out, but we won't talk about that right now. Let's just be happy that Mama got employed, ok?
Thanksgiving is closing in, and normally I'd be damn near giddy about it. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a big ole dork about the holidays. I watch all the cheesy specials, bake cookies, listen to the 24 hour holiday music stations (starting immediately after Thanksgiving, thank you), Tivo the Food Network Thankgiving Specials, wake up early so I can watch the entire Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade... everything just short of wearing the bright, Frosty the Snowman sweaters, you know, that kinda make you look all MR/DD. I'm usually adamant about cooking the turkey and Fat-Kid Stuffing (it's the bomb), and oh you gotta have the green bean casserole... *Sigh*
All right, so now you're asking, "What's wrong? Why aren't you giddy?"
Well, this is the first holiday season that I've spent so far from home. *Tear* Yeah, yeah, I know, allegedly I'm a big kid now, and I chose to move so damn far away so this is a consequence... whatever! Alls I'm sayin is that Thanksgiving is gonna be different this year and it's bringin' me down a little. I just hope that I can muster up my normal Christmas cheer to make it through the season. I don't know if I'm allowed to put a Christmas tree in my apartment or not, but I'm going to purposely avoid asking about it so I can play dumb if I get busted. Genius plan, don't ya think? Besides, it's essential to my survival right now. I need a tree to get me through my first holiday season away from my family.
In other news, I bought a fabulous hat on Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I already put my tree up!!!! I was bored and my house is boring so it needed a bit of pizzaz.

Get a friggin' tree, surely you can have a plastic one.

- Jen