Friday, February 09, 2007

Lo Siento. Lo Siento.

I sincerely apologize for being such a negligent blogger. I never thought that would be me...
Anyhoo, what's been goin' on in my absence? Anything? Anything? Bueller?
Right, well, that's about as much as my side of the world. I graduated and all of a sudden my life got dull. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I'm actually grateful for the lack of excitement, as long it's limited to small increments. I'd say two months is long enough.
I quickly got used to life without the worries of credit hours and registrar deadlines, though I admit that I miss little bits of it here and there. Right now I'm living a very meager existence as an administrative assistant (slash office chump) for a campus library.

I think it's safe to say that the office life is not for me.

I am grateful for even having a job, even if it is only temporary, but I think this gig is just serving as a great example of what I DON'T want to do with my life. Even though I don't know exactly what I want to do, I can definitely scratch this one off my list.
But having said all that, I gotta admit that I've been applying for admin jobs all over the place, and am even considering something within the library. Why? Because I'm broke, and soon to be jobless!! That's why. It doesn't get any deeper than that.
Another fun option that I've been investigating recently is fleeing the country. That's right, you heard me. Getting the hell outta dodge. I don't see why I can't delay the "real world" for a little while (as if college wasn't enough) before I dive into a life of servitude. The fact that I don't have a whole lot tying me down is actually a positive thing. I can delay my dreams of a new car and bigger apartment for a while (as long as it's on my terms and not because of involuntary poverty).
Besides, my only other strong option at this point is moving back to Toledo. I know my parents are really pushing for that one... Yikes.

PS The Douche Bag of the Year Award goes to...

No comments: