Thursday, February 15, 2007

Finally Gonna Meet My Baby-Daddy

So, in a fit of boredom -possibly urged on by beer- I reserved tickets to a taping of The Daily Show!
The Good: I get to see my baby-daddy in person.
The Bad: I reserved the tickets for June, for my birthday. So, great birthday present for me, but it's a fuckin' pisser to have to wait four months.
And finally, The Ugly: Mama no tiene dinero.

But that's okay! While I can't do anything to make time pass any quicker, I think I got the cashflow thing handled. You see, the best thing to happen since sliced bread is discount airlines. That's right, Jetblue recently began flying out of Columbus, and oh boy, they fly straight to NYC. Hells yeah! I don't care how cramped the travel may be, I'll put up with it for $98 roundtrip.
Also, a travel companion thinks she can score us some free lodging, so I'm thinkin' we got ourselves a plan here, kids. A few drunken days in New York capped off by spending my birthday with an adorable little Jewish man ... Mama just might endanger another one of her eyeballs!
(To my new readers - if I have any - I assure that that is not nearly as dirty as it sounds. I've just been known to over-sauce from time to time.)
Now, we all know that plans never go as intended, if they even go at all, so I'll be sure to keep ya updated. At least it's something to keep me happy for a while.
Oh, and if anyone loves music and movies as much as I do, and especially when the best of each are combined, you might like to check this out. "Stuck In the Middle With You" and Reservoir Dogs also would've been my top pick, as I can't help but think of Michael Madsen sadistically dancing around that poor cop whenever I hear it. And I'm uber-excited that they included "In A Gadda Da Vida"/Manhunter! I was pretty stoked about most of the list, but I'd add "Don't You Forget About Me"/The Breakfast Club, too. I'm sure there are more, especially from the '80s, and I'll definitely update when I think of them. Lemme hear your suggestions.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heloo, its nice to know that u'll be coming to my city.

And hey, just check this out love you dad

Heto said...

Hey -- if you decide to move to T-town, I know of a place with a room for rent. It's the same house I'm moving into in South Toledo, and there's room for a third. I think you should do it and save a bit of money! Heh :)