Friday, April 27, 2007

I'm A Crispy Critter

So, I got a job! Yay! I started working last Saturday at the restaurant (which shall remain nameless for obvious reasons), and already have four lovely burns to show for it. The biggest one is on my elbow and it's a real pisser. I got it on Tuesday and it's still tender, but now it's purple and starting to blister. I guess this is going to be my new way to gauge how time passes, what stage of healing my most recent burn is in. Lovely.
Well, anyway, I'm liking everything well enough. It's all kinda crazy and stressful right now since I'm new and have so much to learn. I hate starting a new job, everything is always so awkward and I feel like I'm in the way. Everything is moving pretty fast, but that's a good thing, I suppose. I'm on a sort of fast-track management training program. So, I get to learn everything about the company, but it all comes at you pretty fast. With my passed restaurant management experience, some things come a bit easier to me than they would to others, so that's nice. I just have to remind myself that it's only the first week, so I don't get too bogged down with not knowing everything. It takes some time to get used to an awkward environment.
I guess that kinda rings true for living with my parents too. I'm not on the verge of insanity or anything -- yet. Thankfully they're pretty good about giving me my space. The hardest thing was accepting the fact that I no longer had my old apartment waiting for me back in Columbus. Hell, it's still wierd, and it's been a few weeks already.
Oh, well, I say. Hopefully I'll be working so much that it won't even matter much. Home will just be a bed and a TV. Here's hopin'. Hmph.

No comments: