Sunday, October 05, 2008

I'm heeeeeere...

Good lord, it's been about a year and a half since my last post. Well, that's mostly because there hasn't been much to report! But if you're just dying to be filled in, I guess I can oblige.

Well, that last job that I mentioned, the restaurant gig? Yeah, that didn't pan out. It made me miserable... which ultimately made me broke when I quit it and couldn't find another job for 4 months. I ended up working at Michaels full time for a year - which included the holiday season, which I will never do again - which also made me pretty miserable. Okay, not that miserable, I wasn't downright suicidal all the time or anything. 
Anyway, to make a long story short, I am bloggin tonight from a new city, on the other side of the Mississippi. Okay, I'm in Seattle. I'll give you that much. So yeah, that gets us up to date.

What? Long story made too short? Need more details? Sheesh, all right. Well, what the hell else is there to cover? No jobs in the MidWest + more-than-no jobs in Seattle = my moving here. Admittedly, I do not yet have such a job, but I'm workin' on it. I've only been here a few days.

I suppose you wanna hear about the city and my adjustments and all that now, don't you? Fine...

So far, I love it. The more I explore, the more I realize that I made a good decision. Now, I'm not an idiot, so I realize that I might be singing a different tune in a few months, when I've gone without seeing daylight for weeks, but for now... I'm pretty stoked. I've been out to explore everyday since I got here, and so far I'm impressed. Sure, there are some unsightly things/people prowling about my neighborhood, but you'll have that. I ain't perfect either. But for the most part, I'm impressed. I feel like I can really get to call this place home. 

And as far as the adjustments go... well, I'm not gonna lie, it was tough leaving my family. We're closer than your average unit, so the first day away was bumpy. And I'm sure the worst is yet to hit, because right now it feels like I'm just away from home visiting somewhere, and not like I've actually moved. I'm also planning to go home for Christmas, so I think that's softening the blow a bit. 

I'm also aching for my friends a little. The broads that make me laugh everytime I talk to them, who completely understand my bitter sarcasm... yeah, it's gonna suck not being so close. And the thought that I have to break in a new group, well that's just frightening. I was just getting my old friends used to me! Well, here's hoping they make 'em as tough in the Pacific Northwest as they do in the MidWest. That's all I'm sayin'... 

Well, I know you're probably dieing for more info, like what I'm doing with my time, if I've met any cool people... but I'm just too tired to cover all that right now. You'll have to wait. See how I do that, get you roped in an all strung out for your next visit? ;)
TTFN!

No comments: